What are the terms of Software Subscription Licensing
Subscription licensing terms
1. Software subscription is a kind of software usage license granted to the subscriber account which is registered within Genius Vision Community Platform. Subscription license data is created, managed, and paid by subscribers by operating a web-based Subscription Dashboard, which acts as the front-end of the Subscription Cloud Server.
2. A subscriber can create multiple NVR software subscription records. Each such record corresponds to exactly one NVR (PC) server. An NVR software subscription can contain multiple product item records, which represents a per-camera-channel license that works within its user-subscribed date range. Within paid subscribed date range, the user enjoys free software upgrade and standard technical support.
3. To activate an NVR software subscription, the user must firstly create subscription license data on Subscription Cloud Server and install NVR Subscription Edition software package to a PC server. At the time of activation, the target PC server must have Internet connection to retrieve subscription license from the cloud server. If subscription license is updated (add, trial, or pay) after activation, the updated subscription will need to be downloaded to NVR PC server through the Internet. Except for these occasions, an NVR PC server can work alone without the Internet. Since subscription license is granted to the subscriber account, the user is granted a limited flexibility to transfer subscription license from one PC server to another. Normally, unless there is a change or break in computer hardware or OS, you should not have to reactivate the subscription after initial activation. Therefore, to prevent unauthorized copy of subscription license, the number of allowed (re)activation is limited by time as follows: For a single NVR software subscription, you are allowed to re-activate maximum 4 times for the past 30 days, and maximum 6 times for the past 180 days. If you exceed this limit, it will trigger a copy-protection alert which will cause the activation request be temporarily denied, and you will have to wait for the aforementioned time constraints to be lifted by itself.
4. The effectiveness of the software depends on many factors, including but not limited to: hardware, network, OS versions/patches, other software, and user operations. You have already tested the evaluation version of the software and found the software is suitable for your usage. By purchasing you agree to indemnify Genius Vision from any and all direct and/or indirect damages as a result of using the software that is caused by non-malicious intention. Therefore before you put the "Software" into use, it is your sole responsibility to evaluate and ensure its fitness.
5. Genius Vision excludes the implied warranty of (1)the fitness of a particular purpose (2)merchantability and (3)non-infringement.
6. The "Software" is a copyrighted work and proprietary properties of "Genius Vision Inc." It is a violation of international copyright law to (1)redistribute without proper authorization (2)reverse-engineer the software (3)circumvent license protection mechanism
Notice to System Integrators
- We do not recommend changing anything on a well-established server in operational state, including upgrading software or adding license. The user must be aware and be solely responsible that any change to such system could result in data loss that Genius Vision is not responsible of.
- Our standard support policy does not cover systems that have operation history over a year, including adding new license or upgrading new software to such systems. Support request over systems that have operation history over a year is subject to paid consultant service.
- Due to the complexity introduced by IT industry eco-system, integrators are required to take the responsibility to combine various system components and deal with their compatibility and maintenance issues. The sophistication of professional software such as Genius Vision NVR needs experts to properly install and adjust configuration carefully. You could risk losing our standard tech support for improper user operation or configuration.