How to connect to remote NVR
Click Windows Start Menu then select 'All Programs'...
Expand folder Genius Vision and click on 'Connect to remote NVR'...
Connection Agent will be invoked and Remote Host IP must be entered. Click Connect when done inputting the IP address.
You will be prompted to input username and password. The default ones are 'admin/1234'. If you are using default password, we strongly suggest changing it.
You should be able to access remote NVR now. If you are stuck with the following message, something is wrong.
Common reasons for unable to connect are:
- Incorrect username/password
- Incorrect client/server edition. See What are the differences among Commercial Edition, Community Edition, and Lite Edition?
- Incorrect Remote Host IP or port
- Network malfunction
- Target NVR is not running (or crashed)
- Target NVR exceed connection limit
- Accessing private IP address (starts with '192.168.' or '10.') via Internet
- Blocked by firewall (hardware or software)
- I can’t connect Mobile APP to the NVR. Help!
- How to use PING to test connectivity
- What edition of Genius Vision NVR am I using?
- Incoming Network Connections Limitation & Requirements
- Can I use domain name to connect to an IP camera or NVR?
- What is the default account and default password?
- How can I reset system password (I have changed password from default and forgot it)
- How to change password?
- Troubleshooting guide