Introduction to Software Subscription Licensing
Alternative to online licensing, Genius Vision is introducing a brand new licensing model called "Software Subscription Framework"
Software Subscription Framework offers a more cost-effective way to license software packages in specified time intervals, or subscribed date range. During the subscribed date range, the user will have the ability to transfer the license to different hardware. To enforce proper software copy-protection, such hardware transfer is not unconstrained, but is very relaxed compared to other hardware-locking licensing schemes.
There are several significant advantages that Software Subscription Framework offers over the classic hardware-locking online licensing scheme.
- More cost effective - The license is no longer permanent. The cost will be proportional to the use of the software. This is analogous to buy vs rent. When permanent license is similar to buy, subscription license is similar to rent. The cost will therefore be reduced to the actual amount of time you plan to use.
- Lowered hardware dependent risk - During the subscribed date range, you will have a limited quota to transfer from hardware to hardware, or recover from OS reinstallation.
- Much easier to manage - Unlike online licensing, which uses opaque license code, subscription licensing is able to display all the detailed product packages, and date ranges you subscribed in a transparent manner. It will be much easier to manage license in our cloud subscription manager.
Subscription dashboard is a web-interface for you to plan and implement your subscription license. You can also use as quotation tool.
NVR Subscription Edition
In order to employ Software Subscription Framework, you will need to use a different NVR package, called NVR Subscription Edition. The function is similar to other commercial packages of NVR software, but it uses subscription license.
How does it work?
- How does Software Subscription Framework work about software trial (demo or evaluation)?
- How does Software Subscription Framework work when hardware or OS change/broken/reinstall?
- How does Software Subscription Framework work when normal purchase or add subscription license
- Genius Vision Software Subscription: How to sign up and begin trial?
- Genius Vision Software Subscription: How to download & install and activate?
- Genius Vision Software Subscription: How to pay?
What are the requirements or components of Software Subscription Framework