What are the standard license purchase terms?
Note: This article is regarding to online licensing. Please check the new NVR Software Subscription, a more versatile and cost-effective alternative to online licensing.
1. All software licenses, unless otherwise specified, is per-camera-channel permanent license and includes one-year free upgrade.
2. For software license, Genius Vision employees "online license authorization" mechanism. You will receive electronic license code without physical goods. The target computer where you intend to use the software on must be equipped with Internet access at the time of installation. The granted license will be fused into target computer configuration and cannot be migrated to another computer. In the case of computer maintenance, such as OS re-installation, you are responsible to properly backup/restore license information in order for continued use.
3. The effectiveness of the software depends on many factors, including but not limited to: hardware, network, OS versions/patches, other software, and user operations. You have already tested the evaluation version of the software and found the software is suitable for your usage. By purchasing you agree to indemnify Genius Vision from any and all direct and/or indirect damages as a result of using the software that is caused by non-malicious intention. Therefore before you put the "Software" into use, it is your sole responsibility to evaluate and ensure its fitness.
4. Genius Vision excludes the implied warranty of (1)the fitness of a particular purpose (2)merchantability and (3)non-infringement.
5. The "Software" is a copyrighted work and proprietary properties of "Genius Vision Inc." It is a violation of international copyright law to (1)redistribute without proper authorization (2)reverse-engineer the software (3)circumvent license protection mechanism