I can’t use FunctionZ on VendorX/ModelY camera. Help!
In this case, there really isn’t much we can do about it. Reasons are explained below:
- There is, unfortunately, a widespread and common phenomenon that camera upgrades and changes all the time without conducting further compatibility tests (both in firmware and hardware).
- Also, we can’t rule out the possibility of software bugs that could theoretically exist everywhere (both in the camera firmware and our software).
- To fix this kind of issue, we need at least the actual device setup inside our lab. Typically this is simply economically infeasible.
This is why we created the ONVIF verification program that we hope to drastically improve this unfortunate industrial reality. You may urge your supplier to join this program.
- Why can't you support individual users about IP camera compatibility issues?
- I see a camera VendorX/ModelY is listed as “supported camera” on your official website. Can you guarantee the compatibility?
- How can I provide 3rd party products (such as camera, device, or application) to participate the development of Example System?