Rules of conduct --- Value-Added Reseller (VAR) policies
Where to find regional VARs?
The contact info and the core competencies of the qualified VARs worldwide can be found at the following link:
What’s the role of the Genius Vision VARs?
VARs play a prominent role in keeping the lines between Genius Vision and users, thus to ensure operation proceed smoothly. They expedite response times, and create value-added packages. They may provide additional hardware, installation services, consulting, troubleshooting, or other related products and services around the Genius Vision software.
- Global VAR list
- What are adequate knowledge required to be a Genius Vision VAR?
- What are VARs rights and responsibilities?
What are the required technical skills to be a Genius Vision VAR?
- Adequate knowledge in video surveillance, computer and networking technologies. Be responsible for defining, implementing, integrating and troubleshooting computer, information and software systems, including software and hardware components.
- Proficient in implementing Genius Vision NVR software
- Sufficient skilled manpower to provide proper first-line technical support.
Can you provide discussion and support to VAR regarding to project specification?
Generally speaking, the job function of “Project Architect” falls under the responsibility of Genius Vision VAR (see here). Thus, it’s out of the norm for us to discuss the project specifications or provide software verification and validation toward particular projects to the qualified VARs.
Genius Vision focuses on software development, we recruit VARs who possess a thorough understanding of the integration of hardware, software and services in place. VARs own the advantage and create their own irreplaceable values by making the investments in location, infrastructure, system testing, training and personnel. Such commitment is vital when cooperating with Genius Vision.
Nevertheless, we do offer paid consulting services for some special occasions where our involvement is necessary.
- What are consultant services?
- How to estimate fee required for consultant services? (including SDK tech-support, software-modification, or remote assistance)
What benefits will VARs get?
Discount on product pricing
- A substantial discount program is implemented along with this campaign, it’s available upon request to pre-qualified applicants.
- VARs’ contact info and services will be listed on our website. Average 50,000 visitors browse our website per month hence around 2,500 channels are downloaded per day in year 2015. To get exposure to these surveillance segment dealers/users will help listed VARs to get more sales leads and generate more sales revenue.
VAR web interface
- License management web interface offers software publisher a more flexible way to sell license and to eliminate additional logistic cost. In NVR system, it even gives the flexibility to license software in per-single-channel basis.
- Genius Vision VAR Rules of conduct
- How to get access to VAR web interface and what's the benefit of such interface?
What are VARs rights and responsibilities?
These rules have been adopted in order to define the functions, obligations, and rights of VARs. The provisions listed in this section are the behavioral norms that every VAR must follow.
- Certified to market, price, sell and implement the Genius Vision software in combination with other products and services.
- Use Genius Vision’s product pictures and textual materials taken from Genius Vision’s sites without changing, thus to prevent from distorting the substance of the aforesaid materials.
- Minimum order amount reaches $3,000 in a year in order to keep the VAR qualification. Minimum order amount $100 per order.
- Post a link to the Genius Vision’s official site on the VAR’s webpage.
- Following marketing campaigns would be appreciated but not mandatory: Promote Genius Vision brands by attending trade shows, advertising on magazine … etc.
What conditions would cause VAR’s qualification void?
Despite our hope in increasing VAR numbers, we would be compelled to cancel the VAR’s qualification and apply the appropriate sanctions to the violator immediately under following circumstances:
- Failed to provide quality service thus result in end customers make serious complaints to GV.
- Unable to educate themselves by studying the online technical documentation.
- Defamation of Genius Vision brand by spreading the defamatory statement via any form of media.
- Incompetent to report technical issues clearly.
- Reverse-engineer the software, and/or circumvent license protection mechanism.
- Use Community Edition (free download, but for non-commercial use only) in commercial context.
How to become a Genius Vision VAR?
What are adequate knowledge required to be a Genius Vision VAR?
IP video surveillance is the combination of video surveillance and IP technologies, which in turns, are closely tied with last decades of evolution of almost all information technologies (IT). For people who do not have basic IT training, it could be difficult to do the most basic tasks. Nevertheless, the combination with IT makes IP video extremely versatile to be applied into various projects.
IT industry is an ecosystem with multiple layers of supplier. Integrators, e.g. Genius Vision VARs, are frequently asked to take the responsibility to combine various components (computer, OS, network switch/cables, hard disk, camera, software, etc) and deal with their compatibility and maintenance issues. In this ecosystem, no component supplier will guarantee that their product works with all combinations of other components. A successful integrator will need to learn most of their experiences from trial and error.
Before applying to be a Genius Vision VAR, try to ask yourself following questions. If you can answer these questions with high confidence, then go for it.Do you know how to configure a newly purchased wireless router properly with office equipments, or mobile phones, so they can all connect to the Internet?
- Can you isolate and fix duplicated IP devices in the network?
- When a previous good computer won't boot, can you isolate the problem by examining each component?
- Can you tell roughly when a fan, hard disk, or a power supply, is about to break?
- Do you know what are the following terms: DHCP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, FTP?
- Do you have basic understanding to IP technologies that involves following terms: IP address, gateway, IP subnet mask, NAT, ipconfig, ping, Ethernet, CAT5, port forwarding, link aggregation, TCP connection, UDP, DoS, and DDoS?