I can’t connect to cameras. Help!
To troubleshoot camera connection problems, you need to follow the steps to rule out connectivity and camera issues:
- Test connectivity with 'ping' command
- Test RTSP (if supported) streaming with VLC
- Test video streaming with Internet Explorer
- Test username/password with Internet Explorer
If above steps all show that the camera is working correctly, what you encounter might be a compatibility issue. There's no simple steps to troubleshoot compatibility issues. Read the following articles for more information.
- Community Platform: Connecting to IP cameras of any brand
- What should I do when the video staggers, disconnects, or becomes unstable?
- I can't connect to ONVIF camera of VendorX/ModelY. Please help.
- I can’t connect to my ONVIF-compliant camera. Help!
- Does your software support XXX camera? How can I get the video stream?