How can I transfer online license from one computer to another? Can I do this forever?
Commercial Edition / Enterprise Edition
If your license status is still online, then you don't need to do anything in particular to transfer a online license from one computer to another, aside from waiting for a cool-down time for 24 hours before being able to install the license again. (However, if your license is committed to offline license, then we're afraid it's not transferrable).
And no, you shouldn't do this forever. Online license is meant to be a provisional measure, only to make sure your hardware is good for long-hour operation.
Genius Vision takes no responsibility of server availability aside from activating license for the first time. You should commit the license to your hardware and make it an offline license, as soon as you confirmed the hardware is good for NVR operation. Generally speaking, we will not keep online license record for longer than 12 months.
Another option is that you need to pay License Replenish Fees.
As a security measure, you shouldn't allow a formal security system to rely on an external server in order to operate normally. Read more at See also below.
- Transferrable Online License
- License Replenish Fees
- My hardware is broken and the license code is committed to the hardware so I lost them with the hardware. Can you resend me license?
- Why can't you provide a tool to let me move or transfer license from broken hardware to another good one by myself?
A subscription can be reactivated on different computers. But there's a limit to it; It can be activated no more than 4 times within 30 days and 6 times within 180 days.
- Introduction to Software Subscription Licensing
- How to activate NVR Software Subscription?
- Genius Vision Software Subscription: How to download & install and activate?